We aim to improve the health and well-being among Washington, DC’s underserved population by providing access to understandable health information and affordable wellness activities.
Objectives of the CWC are to:
- Improve health and nutrition literacy in Southeast DC
- Provide low cost access to exercise and movement activities
Activities will include health literacy workshops and group exercise.
A sampling of the anticipated exercise offerings include:
- Running and walking groups
- On the move – a free-flowing dance and movement class, focusing on breathing and movement. Requires no dance experience- only and open mind
- Urban athlete– a high intensity fitness challenge for those looking for an extra push
- Guts and Butts– class focused primarily on abdominal and lower body strenthening
- Stress Buster – class focusing on breathwork and techniques to reduce day to day stress
- Yoga – a variety traditional and unique offerings including:
- Broga- Yoga for men only. Taught by Southeast’s own, TanOMazi
- Yoga for Athletes
- Kids Yoga
- Teen Yoga